Tuesday, January 5, 2010

cool things, cool wants

I love Ryan Converse's work. I've always wanted to do things like these, costumes, photo shoots, etc, especially with my own work and characters. He's the same age as I am and already off to a great start. I'd like to follow him over the next several years to see how he progresses.

fecal face interview here.


I've seen Kevin Earl Taylor's before. He possesses a "traditional" modern style that many artists around the globe claim. Not that his work isn't wonderful, because it definitely is. I appreciate the simplicities of space, subject and colour in his work. He's detailed right where it matters most. Along with the "traditional" style comes a presence with the work, stand-offish in a respectful aspect, a holy-moment if you will, which few of his artistic brethren achieve. Take a little closer look at this one on fecalface's studio visit with him. Those jellyfish? Yep, dem spinal cords.

this is a view of Kevin's studio.
it gets me thinking that i really really need my own creative space.

i also need to get into the habit of letting myself being influenced.

1 comment: